Thursday, October 9, 2008

Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "Who Pooped the Bed"


Yup, we just watched an episode called "Who Pooped the Bed." I've really got nothing more to add to that.

At the center of this mystery is Frank and Charlie, still bedmates when the titular turd appeared mysteriously. Mac and Dennis get involved and try to unwrap the answer, one that an econ major with an interest in poop cannot solve. That whole part in the doctor's office was amusing, especially the fact that newspaper, credit cards, and wolf hair are common features of both Charlie and Frank's diets. After that point, I did think that the storyline kind of dragged and I didn't enjoy Artemis' solutions to the mystery (save for Dennis swearing revenge in front of one of those crystal balls with electricity inside), however Frank's ultimate confession was hilarious and his statement that he did it "because poop is funny" seems like a nice summary of the episode.

Working a lot better for me was the B-plot, and not just because it featured the return of my favorite recurring character, The Waitress (I can't be expected to remember everyone's names!). Dee's lame attempts at acting like the women on Sex and the City were both hilarious and true. One of the things I hate the most about Sex and the City (and I hate many, many things about it) is how everyone tries to copy the characters from that show, so I particularly enjoyed that parody. It also had one of the funnies moments of physical comedy we've seen on the show: Dee hobbling out of the shoe store wearing her ridiculous high heeled shoes and slamming right into a car door. It may not have been poop, but it was still damn funny.

B+

No comments: