Friday, November 28, 2008

You Won't Get This From Any Other Guy

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends is one of those great shows that I don't really talk about too much. This is because I am at least nominally a grown-up and, as such, it isn't okay for me to watch cartoons. But make no mistake, Foster's is one of the sharpest and funniest shows on TV - smarter than anything Cartoon Network shows during the day and almost anything on Adult Swim (or most live action shows for that matter). Of course the kids still love it enough for Foster's to have its own float at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, which they showed at a moment when I just happened to be watching. All of this is to preface this clip, which stars the Foster's float. Even if you are not a fan of the show, watch it and we'll reconvene afterwards:



Yeah, that's right. That is who you think it is. Now, I think we can agree to retire this joke knowing that it can never be done this well again. If you want to experience the awesomeness of the show itself you can watch the brand new movie on Saturday morning at 11:30 on Cartoon Network. Cartoons on Saturday morning? That's crazy talk!

Now if you need me, I'll be reading Proust and listening to Phillip Glass while drinking a fine wine from Bordeaux.

1 comment:

Michael W said...

this is absolutely amazing...can't believe i missed it. i played it to my brother and we both died laughing