Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Interview with NPH

In keeping with our grand, day-old tradition of stealing material from The A.V. Club, here's an interview with Television Rules the Nation hero Neil Patrick Harris. Sure he's probably best known as Barney on How I Met Your Mother (which starts Monday! 8:30!), but I think he'll always be Dr. Horrible to me. Here he is talking about the Dr. Horrible DVD:

I think Joss is mid-construction of the DVD extras. They're trying to get people to submit films of themselves applying to join the Evil League Of Evil. They've finished writing the songs for the musical commentary track, singing about the making of the film. [Laughs.] But I assume since Dollhouse is almost up and running, and he's dealing with Fox and that whole rigmarole, that it's become a bit back-burner.


While there's no big news on the HIMYM front, he does go a little into the long-term future:

I'm having the time of my life on the show. I really am. It's one of those rare, great parts that seem easy for them to write crazy things for. I love it. I have no intention of going away bitterly wishing I had a revived film career. I'm thrilled with this gig. I've acted plenty, so I'm looking ahead to producing my own Sesame Street show some day, and being a late-night talk-show host that does variety acts.


All in all its a really great interview (as usual from the A.V. Club) so make sure to check it out.

Also, A BRIEF PROGRAMMING NOTE: I apologize for all my recaps being a day behind, I'm currently working on something every night from 7-11, which means I can't watch everything until I can get it from ITunes the next day. It'll only be for another couple of weeks though.

EDIT: I found this online. If you love HIMYM, you'll love this

No comments: