Monday, September 29, 2008

How I Met Your Mother - "The Best Burger in New York"


After last week's promising season premiere, the second episode of How I Met Your Mother's fourth season has kept up the pace without missing a beat. The writers proved once again that they are far from slowing down and still have plenty of material to work with.

In this week's episode, the story focuses on Marshall and his search for a new job. Things aren't going well, surprise surprise, and the only thing that can cheer him up is another taste of the Best Burger in New York. The only problem is, he can't remember where the place is. Hilarity ensues.

I was quite relieved to see the writers giving attention to Marshall this week. He and Lily received almost no attention in the premiere, leading me to worry that the writers were forgetting about them, or considered the couple unnecessary to the new plot lines. But tonight showed that Marshmallow and Lilypad haven't been forgotten, nor will they be in the future.

Fans were also treated to quite possibly the best cameo the series has seen. All I can say is, you don't want to fuck with Regis Philbin.

I should note that Stella was absent from tonights episode, although her absence was hardly noticeable, and certainly not detrimental. I, personally, can't make up my mind as to how I feel about this. On the one hand, her character finally gained some depth and became more likable in last weeks episode. On the other, though, I still don't know enough about her to care whether or not she's missing...time will tell, I suppose.

A

No comments: