Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mad Men Stuff

Hey everyone,

Don't worry, Mike and I haven't forgotten you, we've just been going crazy in England. When it starts, I'm going to be writing up recaps of Mad Men (as well as Psych), so this post seems pertnent:

According to Matthew Weiner, Mad Men is designed to go 5 seasons, taking Donald Draper and the crew to 1969. This gives him the opportunity to start each season's storyline how he wants to.

I'm not as broken up as I was about Lost's end date, but its going to be weird watching Mad Men and knowing that there's a plan like this. What do you MM fans think? Is this ultimately going to be a good move for the show? Is Mad Men a show like Lost or Battlestar Galactica, where it makes sense to end it at a specific time?

Finally, as a programming reminder, our official Mad Men coverage will begin no later than July 28, with my recap of the season 2 premiere. Now go buy some cigarettes and booze!

No comments: